As your MLA it is important that I and my office staff can take up casework on a constituent’s behalf, keep in touch with constituents about my work, and ask for views on local issues.
Any personal information you give to me will be handled confidentially by me and the staff in my office, in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like information about the Data Protection Act 2018 or the GDPR, this can be obtained from the independent Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) through their website http://www.ico.org.uk or advice line 0303 123 1113.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how Patsy McGlone MLA’s office will collect and use your personal data.
Why does Patsy McGlone MLA need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to deal with casework for constituents and to keep residents updated about campaigns and local issues we need to collect personal data. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
The lawful basis for processing casework data has been identified as public interest.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes/campaigning Patsy McGlone MLA’s office would contact you for additional consent.
Will Patsy McGlone MLA’s office share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers in the course of dealing with you, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts, regulators, and so on. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the purpose they were provided. When they no longer need your data to fulfill this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your special categories of personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Patsy McGlone MLA’s office contracts third parties to undertake work that involves our data: casework software maintenance, data entry, website hosting and maintenance, email management software and shredding. Our contractors are either EU based or based in countries deemed “adequate” by the EU for data protection terms. In all cases contractors and sub-contractors have signed contracts which guarantee that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect the data.
Personal Data and the website of Patsy McGlone MLA
How will Patsy McGlone MLA’s office use the personal data it collects about me?
Patsy McGlone MLA’s office will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Patsy McGlone MLA’s office is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual needs.
Under what circumstances will Patsy McGlone MLA’s office contact me?
In order to process casework it may be necessary to contact you in order to get further information from you or to feedback any responses we receive.
If you have provided consent to be contacted about local campaigns and news we will contact you when required. You will always have the option of withdrawing consent.
Can I find out the personal data that the Patsy McGlone MLA’s office holds about me?
At your request, Patsy McGlone MLA’s office can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Patsy McGlone MLA’s office does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Our identity and the contact details.
- Contact details of the data protection officer.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Patsy McGlone MLA’s office or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Contact the data controller Patsy McGlone MLA by using the details listed below.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Patsy McGlone MLA’s office accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: passport or driving licence.
Contact details of the Data Controller
Patsy McGlone MLA
54A William Street
Telephone: 028 8675 8175
Supervisory authority contact details
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 01625 545 745